Financial Assistance (Cash, Food, Medical, Child Care Assistance)
The Financial Assistance / Eligibility Unit of Des Moines Valley Health and Human Services (DVHHS) provides economic support and health care to persons who qualify in Cottonwood and Jackson Counties.
Click on any of the topics below for more information. Persons must fill out a formal application in order to have eligibility determined for programs listed below.
- Child Care Assistance
- Diversionary Work Program (DWP)
- General Assistance (GA)
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Health Care Programs
- Home and Community-Based Waiver Programs
- Medical Assistance (MA) Estate Recovery and Liens
Persons can apply in-person at either of our Human Services locations Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. To see if you may be eligible for our programs, use the Eligibility Screening Tool provided by Bridge to Benefits. Applications can be completed online at MNBenefits for Cash, Nutrition Assistance, Child Care Assistance, and Emergency Assistance. Application for health insurance can be completed through MNSURE at www.mnsure.org.